Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Here Goes Nothing

Welcome! I have officially ventured in to the land of blogging.

My name is Nicole and I am a twenty-something, artist who just moved to the middle of no where NY for an amazing job opportunity. This blog is a way for me to keep track of my experiences, share my interests, and give me something to do after work.

Don't get me wrong, I am enjoying my job a lot! I work for a company that designs exhibits for museums (yes, I am a museum nerd and proud of it). Unfortunately for me it is located in the middle of New York where I am surrounded by cows and cornfields. This has been a big change since I used to live between two cities for my whole life where I had my friends, family, and boyfriend. So having not much to partake in has been a big adjustment. Oh, did I mention this is the first time I am living on my own? It's been quite an adjustment to be by myself most of the day.

I am hoping to start grad school during 2012 (which I will of course keep you updated on). For now, I try to travel as much on the weekends as possible. During the week, I work a normal 9-5 and at night I cook, watch tv, read, and create art. I know this makes it seem like I keep busy, but I am the kind of person who has to be doing a thousand things at once or feels bored.

So thanks for joining me on this adventure. I look forward to sharing my photography, investigations in the world of cooking, and other tidbits I find interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment